Tuesday 28 May 2013

Top Secret!

I've been meaning to do some young fiction stuff for a while - something a bit different for older children. I looked through a file I have of old drawings (some of them almost 20 years old) for this:


Now in case you can't tell, it's a safe drawn on a folded piece of paper. I was probably around 8 or 9 when I did this so we're talking 16 or 17 years ago. 

No one has ever seen the inside of this safe and when I open it you'll see why. Type in 2678 and then press enter (I hope I've remembered the code correctly or it could self destruct).


As you see it contains a lot of Top Secret stuff that must be kept that way. You'll also notice that the last person who tried to get into my safe is still there. 

I used to draw stuff like this all the time - I did several of these but the others have been lost to the ages. I really liked spy and detective stuff (still a huge fan of detective stuff) and I also had an obsession with drawing eyeballs. I was a weird child. 

But that inspired this:


Hopefully you'll see my drawing is a little better and that I even used some of the same stuff from my safe.

And here's the 'smelly sister' and Harry.


Now remember to print this Top Secret message and eat the evidence!*

*Not really!

No comments:

Post a Comment